Welcome to the Ada Crypto Library (ACL) aka libadacrypt
This library is an ongoing project that provides the Ada community to strong cryptography primitives and schemes, focused to ensure data confidentiality and data integrity.
- Symmetric Cryptography
- Blockciphers: AES, Twofish, 3DES, Serpent
- Modes of Operation : BPS, CFB, Ctr, OFB
- Tweakable Blockcipher Modes: CMT, XT
- Hash functions: SHA-1 (broken), SHA-256, (SHA-384), SHA-512, Whirlpool
- MACs: RMAC, HMAC, CMAC
- Authenticated Encryption schemes: OCB, SIV and McOE
- Key Derivation Functions: PBKDF2, scrypt, and SHA-512crypt
- Big (unsigned) number library
- Primary cyclic group arithmetic (Z_p)
- Binary Field arithmetic support.
- Elliptic Curve arithmetic
- Supersingular Elliptic Curves Over Binary Fields (SS-BF)
- Non-Supersingular Elliptic Curves Over Binary Fields (NSS-BF)
- Elliptic Curves Over Z_p (EC-Z_P)
- Asymmetric Cryptography
- Probabilistic primality testing
- DSA signature scheme
- ECDSA, ECDH
- Nonce Generator Support: Random, Counter, Mixed
- AUnit-3.7.1 based Test suite (over 400 tests, about 90% line coverage)
- GNAT-4.8 (recommended version: 4.9)
- GNU Make (recommended version: 4)
- gcov (recommended version: 4.8.3; optional for testing only)
- lcov (recommended version: 1.10; optional for testing only)
To build and test:
make make acltest cd test ./test-tests
To generate LCOV code coverage report (location: test/coverage/):
make gcov cd test ./test-tests make lcov
To build the PDF documentation (location: doc/):
This crypto library assumes that the aunit source PATH is "/usr/share/ada/adainclude/aunit/". If needed, you should change this path in the project file acltest.gpr. In additon, you can cahnge the PATH in test/Makefile.
If you want to report bugs, make suggestions, contribute bugfixes or beautiful ideas, feel free to contact me at cforler(at)posteo.de
Note, that depending on where you are, the use of cryptography may be limited or forbidden by law. Before using this library, make sure you are legally entitled to do so.
GNAT Modified General Public License
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.
As a special exception, if other files instantiate generics from this unit, or you link this unit with other files to produce an executable, this unit does not by itself cause the resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why the executable file might be covered by the GNU Public License.
Read more about this license at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNAT_Modified_General_Public_License