Welcome to CFWheels
ColdFusion on Wheels provides fast application development, a great organization system for your code, and is just plain fun to use.
One of our biggest goals is for you to be able to get up and running with Wheels quickly. We want for you to be able to learn it as rapidly as it is to write applications with it.
In this Beginner Tutorial: Hello World, we'll be writing a simple application to make sure we have Wheels installed properly and that everything is working as it should. Along the way, you'll get to know some basics about how applications built on top of Wheels work.
We encourage you to contribute to ColdFusion on Wheels! Please check out the Coding Guidelines for guidelines about how to proceed. Join us!
NOTE: CFWheels uses RocketUnit as it's testing framework.
- create a database on a supported database server name
wheelstestdb. At this time the supported database servers are H2, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- create a datasource in your CFML engine's administrator named
wheelstestdbpointing to the
wheelstestdbdatabase and make sure to give it CLOB and BLOB support.
- open your browser to the CFWheels Welcome Page.
- in the grey debug area at the bottom of the page, click the
Run Testslink next the version number on the
Please report any errors that you may encounter on our issue tracker. Please be sure to report the database engine (including version), CFML engine (including version), http server (including version).
Building and Releasing
NOTE: the build script has only been tested against Railo 3.3.0.007 or higher at this time.
- open the wheels/version.cfm file and edit the version to correspond with the build
- update the wheels/CHANGELOG to reflect version and build date
- point your browser to the build.cfm file (ex: http://localhost/builders/build.cfm)
- the build will create a zip file named
cfwheels.<version>.zipin parent directory of the repo
- annouce and post the build to the cfwheels core google group
ColdFusion on Wheels is released under the Apache License Version 2.0.