Spotify for Kids
I've created this app for my kids, because I wanted to be able to allow my kids to listen to some media from Spotify, but I was afraid to give them full access to all the content from Spotify. There are songs and audiobooks which might not be appropriate for kids.
Kidify allows your kid only to listen to songs and audiobooks which are part of a playlist.
You and your kid can browser the Spotify media library for example on a PC and select the content which is appropriate for your kids and save it to playlists. You can create as many playlists as you want.
To be able to use Kidify, you'll need a Spotify Premium subscription. This app was not developed by Spotify, but by myself. I'm just using the official Spotify for iOS SDK to be able access content from Spotify. All the content is provided by Spotify.
- Limit playable media from Spotify to media that is included in the users playlist
- The content of a playlist is not displayed as tracks but as albums. This is especially useful for audiobook.
- Albums and audiobooks are correctly sorted by the number in the album name.
- Cache playlists, albums, tracks and images
- Implement Time Limit
- Add Image to Album View
- Strip Track names and remove duplicate information especially for Audiobooks
- Smooth fading between tracks
- Implement Settings Page