Android Kiosk App for OpenSharingToolkit (media sharing).
By Chris Greenhalgh, The University of Nottingham.
Intended to be an Android App that will function as a kiosk interface, i.e. for unattended public use of an Android device. The initial target device is a Google Nexus 7 tablet. Some features may require rooting of the device. The initial target firmware is CyanogenMod 10.1.x (Android 4.2.x).
- working as proof of concept for browsing and getting files
- awkward configuration/update - just copy files and restart app
Functions intended to include:
(done, at last to some extent)
- Home screen replacement
- attract mode and visible screen saver on time-out (no lock screen)
- support for multiple top-level choices
- support for embedded (full screen) web views
- power monitoring/management to assist local staff
- option for remote management