The home of https://chadev.com. Woot!
Adding yourself to the developers list
We invite anyone who identifies as a developer or is interested in becoming a developer in Chattanooga to join our community.
For directions on how to add yourself see the Wiki page
Instructions for Local Development
To replicate our development environment a number of open source tools are required, specifically:
$ gem install bundler
Have bundler resolve your dependencies
$ bundle install
Run Jekyll Server
$ jekyll serve
If that fails with an error about missing dependencies, you may need to run the Jekyll server with
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
Navigate to http://localhost:4000/
For more information about options for the Jekyll server, such as binding to a
specific address or port, see
Acquiring an API key for the events page
- Go to the Google Developers Console.
- Create a new project.
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, make sure the calendar API is turned on.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials.
- Click Create new Key and select Browser Key.
*localhost:4000/*in the "Accepts Requests From" text box and click create.
- Copy the new API key and replace the one located in the event.js file.
- It should look something like
gapi.client.setApiKey('YOUR API KEY);.
- Wait a few moments, then navigate to http://localhost:4000/events/ to make sure it worked.
Interested in contributing to this project? Check out our contributing information
If you've contributed to this project please add yourself to our CONTRIBUTORS.md file.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.