The future home of chadev.com. Woot!
We'll be designing and developing this publicly, so expect to see lots of changes and few bugs ;)
Adding yourself to the developers list
We invite anyone who identifies as a developer or is interested in becoming a developer in Chattanooga to join our community.
For directions on how to add yourself see the Wiki page
Instructions for Local Development
To replicate our development environment a number of open source tools are required, specifically:
$ gem install bundler
Have bundler resolve your dependencies
$ bundle install
Run Jekyll Server
$ jekyll serve
If that fails you may need to run the Jekyll server with
$ bundle exec jekyll serve
Navigate to http://localhost:4000/
Acquiring an API key for the events page
- Go to the Google Developers Console.
- Create a new project.
- In the sidebar on the left, expand APIs & auth. Next, click APIs. In the list of APIs, make sure the calendar API is turned on.
- In the sidebar on the left, select Credentials.
- Click Create new Key and select Browser Key.
*localhost:4000/*in the "Accepts Requests From" text box and click create.
- Copy the new API key and replace the one located in the event.js file.
- It should look something like
gapi.client.setApiKey('YOUR API KEY);.
- Wait a few moments, then navigate to http://localhost:4000/events/ to make sure it worked.