Market Bot is a web scraper (web robot, web spider) for the Google Play Android app store. It can collect data on apps, charts, and developers.
Want to buy data instead of collect it yourself? Want to add a feature to Market Bot, but don't know how? Please contact me (email@example.com) for commercial solutions.
Add this line to your application's Gemfile to use the latest stable version:
And then execute:
App API example
# Download/parse the app. app = MarketBot::Play::App.new('com.facebook.katana') app.update # Print out the app title. puts app.title # Print all the other attributes you can find on an app object. puts MarketBot::Play::App::ATTRIBUTES.inspect
Charts API example
Charts are defined by a collection and an option category.
# Download/parse the chart (collection=topselling_free, category=GAME). chart = MarketBot::Play::Chart.new('topselling_free', 'GAME') chart.update # Print the first app. puts chart.result.first.inspect # Print all the chart collections & categories. puts MarketBot::Play::Chart::COLLECTIONS.inspect puts MarketBot::Play::Chart::CATEGORIES.inspect
Developer API example
# Download/parse developer. dev = MarketBot::Play::Developer.new('Zynga') dev.update # Print the first app. puts dev.result.first.inspect
Google will block your IP address if you attempt to scrape large quantities of data. Please contact me if you are looking for commercial data solutions.
Contributing to Market Bot
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet.
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it.
- Fork the project.
- Start a feature/bugfix branch.
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution.
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 - 2016 Chad Remesch. See LICENSE.txt for further details.