- Josh McIntyre
- Coinstack is a mock interpreter for basic Bitcoin scripts
- master for releases (merge development)
- development for bugfixes and new features
- make build Build the application
- make clean Clean the build directory
- Take a basic bitcoin script in string format
- Supports basic operators: OP_ADD, OP_SUB, OP_DUP, OP_HASH160, OP_EQUALVERIFY, OP_CHECKSIGVERIFY*, OP_VERIFY
- * NOTE: In real Bitcoin scripts, OP_CHECKSIG needs message data that exists outside the script. For this educational interpreter, the op will automatically assume the signature is valid so that interpretation can continue. A future update may allow the user to manually pass in message data for real ECDSA signature verification.
- Requires Python 3.7
Command line usage
- Write a Bitcoin script with the supported ops and any data in hex format (preceded by 0x) and save in a file.
- Call the script with
python coinstack.py filename.script
- Optionally, specify "-v" after the script name for verbose processing. This option is very useful for debugging and the educational nature of this tool.