Community documentation for AWS Chalice
AWS Chalice is a library for serverless Python application development using AWS Lambda. Chalice is suited for:
- Writing HTTPS APIs that wrap AWS infrastructure.
- Building libraries of Ops functions, including ChatOps.
- Managing AWS accounts programmatically.
- Creating web applications with your favorite front-end toolkit.
- Providing the web API backend layer for cross-platform desktop and mobile applications written in Qt for Python.
- AWS Projects
- AWS Python SDKs
- 3rd-party Python
- Made with Chalice
- AWS Serverless Architectures
- AWS Labs
- Related Awesome Lists
Supercharge your app.
- AWS Data Wrangler - Pandas on AWS - Easy integration with Athena, Glue, Redshift, Timestream, QuickSight, Chime, CloudWatchLogs, DynamoDB, EMR, SecretManager, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLServer and S3 (Parquet, CSV, JSON and EXCEL).
- AWS AutoGluon - Automate machine learning training and deployment.
- AWS Lambda Powertools - A suite of utilities for AWS Lambda functions to ease adopting best practices such as tracing, structured logging, custom metrics async, parameters and secrets management, idempotency, and more.
- AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) - The CDK can deploy Chalice apps, or Chalice can deploy CDK apps.
- AWS Solutions Constructs Patterns - Architectural patterns for the CDK that can be chained together.
- AWS Serverless Application Repository - Serverless AWS applications.
- DynamoDB Global Tables - NoSQL database.
- Aurora Serverless Global Database 2 - OLTP database.
- AWS Amplify - Front-end toolkit.
- Amazon Athena Federated Query - Author pure lambda functions for ad-hoc datalakes.
- QLDB Python Driver - A Python implementation of a driver for Amazon Quantum Ledger Database.
- AWS CloudWatch Embedded Metrics - Amazon CloudWatch Embedded Metric Format Client Library.
AWS Python SDKs
Every SDK in one place.
- AWS SDK for Python (boto3) - See
aioboto3for the async version.
- AWS X-Ray SDK for Python - Instrument with
from aws_xray_sdk.core import patch_all;patch_all();.
- AWS IoT SDK for Python - Can talk to Chalice via Kinesis Streams.
- AWS C Common Runtime - Use with the AWS CRT Python module.
- AWS Encryption SDK for Python - Hard encryption in your application logic.
- AWS SageMaker SDK for Python - Train and deploy machine learning models. Integrate with your EMR cluster.
- AWS Step Functions Data Science SDK for Python - Managed AI/ML infrastructure.
- AWS Braket SDK for Python - Leverage D-Wave quantum computing devices.
- AWS DynamoDB Encryption SDK for Python - Encrypt data before sending it to DynamoDB.
- AWS Transcribe Streaming SDK for Python - Convert audio into text.
- AWS Data API SDK for Python - HTTP interface to your non-transactional data lake, made with Chalice.
- AWS Config Rules Development Kit for Python - The AWS Config Rules Development Kit helps developers set up, author and test custom Config rules. It contains scripts to enable AWS Config, create a Config rule and test it with sample ConfigurationItems.
- AWS Streamer SDK for Python - A collection of video processing and streaming tools for the AWS platform.
Only the best.
- Dask - Disributed DataFrames built on Pandas
- 3M Falcano - DynamoDB ORM, allowing for single table designs. Successor to PynamoDB.
- S3Fs - Use S3 like a filesystem.
- PySide2 - Official Qt module for Python.
- Hy: A lisp written in Python - A lisp that can you can use in your Python code, for FP.
- Toolz: A set of utility functions for iterators, functions, and dictionaries - FP primitives.
- AWS Limit Checker - Detect when you are about to run up against AWS limits.
- Click - Create a CLI.
- Netflix Metaflow S3 - Achieve 20 gigabit S3 throughput.
- Slack Bolt - Enable AWS ChatOps with Slack's built-in Chalice support.
- Troposphere - Write CloudFormation using Python.
- Scepter - CloudFormation deployment library.
- taskcat - CloudFormation testing library from AWS.
- PyCognito - Manage and use Cognito user pools.
- mrjob - Run MapReduce jobs on your EMR cluster.
Create diagrams, write code.
- AWS Toolkit for PyCharm - Tightly integrated editor, for repl-driven development.
- Anaconda Python Distribution - Consistent Python environment for local dev.
- Chalice + LocalStack - Dev against local versions of DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- LucidCharts - Create diagrams in the official style.
Made with Chalice
Example GitHub repos.
- Coworks Microframework - Based on Step Functions.
- Agave: REST API for Chalice BluePrints - REST APIs for your managed routes.
- aws-chalice-swagger - How to use Swagger support.
- Lambda Multi-threading in Chalice - Map/reduce across your Lambda cores.
- aws-chalice-boilerplate - How to use
- chalice_dockerized - Dockerize your application.
- Chalice-GraphQL - Add a GraphQL API.
- chalice-extended-action - Deploy with GitHub Actions.
- pytest-chalice - Py.test fixtures.
- chalice-cognito-auth - SSO with a Cognito user pool.
Critical background reading.
- Introducing AWS Lambda Extensions
- Python support GA: improving Python code quality using Amazon CodeGuru Reviewer
- Amplify Flutter is Now Generally Available: Build Beautiful Cross-Platform Apps
- Using container images to run PyTorch models in AWS Lambda
- AWS Chalice adds support for the AWS CDK
- Packaging AWS Lambda functions as container images
- New for AWS Lambda – 1ms Billing Granularity Adds Cost Savings
- Implementing version control using Amazon DynamoDB
- How do I give internet access to a Lambda function that's connected to an Amazon VPC?
- AWS Lambda Extensions: What are they and why do they matter
- AWS Chalice now supports Amazon Kinesis and Amazon DynamoDB Streams
- Using AWS Lambda Layers with AWS Chalice
- Following serverless best practices with AWS Chalice and Lambda Powertools
- Automatically deploy a Serverless REST API from GitHub with AWS Chalice
- Configuring custom domain names with AWS Chalice
- AWS Chalice Now Supports YAML Templates
- AWS Solutions Constructs – A Library of Architecture Patterns for the AWS CDK
- Using Amazon EFS for AWS Lambda in your serverless applications
- Introducing the AWS Chalice test client
- Use Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX) from AWS Lambda to increase performance while reducing costs
- Painless AWS Chalice Application Debug
- Modularizing a Chalice Application for Teams
- Getting started with the AWS Cloud Development Kit and Python
- Run your Python Scripts as Slack Commands (ChatOps)
- Building Serverless Python Apps Using AWS Chalice
AWS Serverless Architectures
Inspiration for your app. Complete list of 500+ sample architectures.
- AWS Glue ETL Code Samples
- AWS Control Tower Account Creation Automation
- AWS Serverless Ecommerce Platform
- Recurring Security Hub Summary Email
- SQS dead letter queue replay with backoff and jitter
- Tokenization and Encryption of Sensitive Data
- AWS ParallelCluster serverless API
- Amazon WorkMail Lambda Templates
- S3 Glacier Bulk Retrieval
- AutoML with AutoGluon, Amazon SageMaker, and AWS Lambda
- Processing ML Workloads asynchronously in Batch using SageMaker Batch Transform
- Serverless Tracking Pixel
- Serverless Reference Architecture: Real-time File Processing
- Serverless Reference Architecture: IoT Backend
- AWS X-Ray Serverless Samples
More inspiration from AWS Labs, closer to production-ready. Complete list of 100+ Labs solutions.
- AWS Control Tower Customizations
- Serverless Data Lake Framework (SDLF)
- Media Insights Engine
- Serverless Transit Network Orchestrator
- Amazon Aurora Postgres Advanced Monitoring
- AWS Serverless Twitter Event Source
- Serverless Subtitles
- AWS Serverless Financial Functions
Related Awesome Lists
- Awesome AWS
- Awesome Alexa
- Awesome Amplify
- Awesome AppSync
- Awesome IAM
- Awesome CDK
- Awesome CloudFormation
- Awesome EC2 Spot
- Awesome ECS
- Awesome EKS
- Awesome Lambda Layers
- Awesome AWS Research
- Awesome AWS Security
- AWS Security Arsenal
- Awesome Cloud Security
- AWSome Websites
- The Open Guide to Amazon Web Services
- Goblet - Like Chalice, but for GCP.