Introducing chalk 1.0.0!
Chalk is a node module for styling/colorizing terminal output.
Chalk is now used by ~3000 npm packages and even displayed on the npm landing page.
Fun fact: Technically, color doesn’t exist. Color is created only when our brain tries to make sense from light signals it receives from the outer world. In other words, it’s all in your head.
$ npm install --save chalk
- Style application order is now left-to-right as one would expect. Was previously the reverse. 0234fe9
- Force the blue color to be bright blue on Windows as the normal blue is illegible. fc6a9b2
- Ability to disable/enable colors on a per instance basis, rather than globally. 72d1c11
- Add ability to force color by setting the
FORCE_COLORenvironment variable. 19935d6
- Disable color when node is launched from
Help us get npm packages upgraded to chalk 1.0.0 by submitting a Pull Request to any of these repositories upgrading their
chalk dependency in
We're also looking for feedback on the documentation. If you think anything can be improved, let us know by opening an issue ;)