Chamilo 1.11.20 is a minor bug fix release on top of 1.11.18.
It contains security fixes with one critical issue, so we highly recommend all our users to upgrade as soon as possible.
New features include:
- the possibility to generate lessons (learning paths) with the help of generative AI (ChatGPT 3 for now) in many languages in a wide range of topics
- a new report to find duplicated users
- new REST web services to manage sessions
- subscription to course events
- careers hierarchy
Chamilo 1.11.18 is a minor security and bug fix release on top of 1.11.16.
Some vulnerabilities have been reported to us (see our security page) and swiflty and safely fixed. We reiterate our thanks to all white hat hackers for working with us on making Chamilo the safest LMS ever. We actively encourage all Chamilo administrators to update their system to this version as soon as possible.
Notable new features
- Assisted generation of exam questions by artificial intelligence systems (ChatGPT in this first iteration)
- Comments, absence types, durations and signatures in attendances
- Portfolio tool to be completed by students as evidence of their development
- Wiki page categories
- Much improved import from Moodle .mbz course exports
- Increased support for xAPI
- Support of LTI Provider mode
- Stripe gateway added to sales plugin
- Webinars allowed through Zoom plugin, schedule meetings in advance, attendance signatures and preparation for authentication method change in June
- New question types
- Option to "ping" connexion when taking a test to avoid disconnecting in the middle
... and about 150 more features (see https://11.chamilo.org/documentation/changelog.html for a complete list).
Some of these features might require activation through specific files and databases operations. Make sure you check main/install/configuration.dist.php for options or ask on https://forum.chamilo.org/ for details on how to enable them.
In the assets attached to this release, the default ones have been prepared to work with PHP 7.2 and above, while the ones marked
-php74 have been specifically prepared to work on PHP no lower than 7.4.
Although we do not officially support PHP 8.0, 8.1 or 8.2 with the 1.11 branch of Chamilo, we tested it relatively thoroughly with the
-php74 package and it worked well, to the minor exception of the edition of learning paths which is visually a bit broken.
We recommend using PHP 7.4 while we are running to deliver Chamilo 2.0 with full support for PHP 8.2 or superior.
Chamilo 1.11.16 is a minor security and bug fix release on top of 1.11.14.
Many vulnerabilities (more than in any previous version) have been reported to us (see our security page) and swiflty and safely fixed. We reiterate our thanks to all white hat hackers for working with us on making this version the safest Chamilo version ever. We actively encourage all Chamilo administrators to update their system to this version as soon as possible.
Notable new features
- Plugin: OnlyOffice: Add OnlyOffice plugin v1.1.1 (9da9fba3a2) from the OnlyOffice team
- Exercise: Add "file upload" question type
- Plugin: BuyCourses: Add discount coupons feature
- Announcement: Add scheduled announcements for base courses
- Admin: Add CSV user import history
- Plugin: LTIProvider: Add support for LTI as provider (experimental)
- Learnpath: Offline courses: Generate index page when exporting backup
- Exercise: Add group comparison report page
- Tracking: Add student follow page in student tracking
- Plugin: TopLinks: New plugin to add links to all courses
- Exercise: Add "questions saved" counter next to the "Finish test" button
- Gradebook: Score UI display changes. Add option to export only numbers
- Exercises: add 'HideCorrectAnsweredQuestions' option to hide the correct answers from the feedback report
- Learnpath: Allow the creation of a learning path in a session inside a base course category. The configuration setting "allow_session_lp_category" is required.
- xAPI: Manage portfolio events
- Survey: Add multiply survey question options by_class/by_user
- Plugin: RemedialCourse: Add plugin to allow for complex sequencing of tests and courses
- Course copy: Add page to move users from a base course to a session
- Learning path: Add progress check to avoid saving if progress is lower than before, only when 'score as progress' option is enabled
Chamilo 1.11.14 is a minor security- and bug-fix release on top of 1.11.12.
It includes a fix for a critical security issue, so upgrading is highly recommended.
It adds the following features:
- New information section about usage of a question in other contexts
- New Positioning plugin for pre-course and post-course tests
- New radar type report in exercises
- Rebranded portfolio fields in social profile
- Possibility to delete a question completely (not orphaned)
- New Exercise Signature plugin to get some official confirmation that an exam was taken by the user
- Possibility to use user data to customize the course introduction
- New exercises reports and improved reports
- Possibility to replace a document by another with the same name
- PDF export of surveys
Chamilo 1.11.12 is a minor bugfix release on top of 1.11.10. Although it was not supposed to come with many new features, it does come with around 100 new (large and small) features on top of 1.11.10, including LTI, a small H5P integration, a freshly developed Zoom plugin for corporate accounts, a mindmap plugin and many speed improvements generated as a result of the massive usage increase during the COVID-19 confinement measures worldwide. Definitely worth updating your 1.11.10!
Check our changelog at https://campus.chamilo.org/documentation/changelog.html