Channeleaton's Vim Setup
- Align - Easily align text
- AutoClose - Automatically create matching closing symbols. Saves a ton of typing.
- Buffergator - Visual buffer managment
- CtrlP - Open files and buffers with lightning quick speed!
- Fugitive - Exceptional Git intigration for Vim
- Genutils - Generally useful utilities
- Gist - Create and edit Gists right in Vim
- Markdown - Syntax highlighting for Markdown
- Multvals - Dependencies
- snipMate - Save snippets for any filetype
- snipMate-snippets - Extra awesome snippets for snipMate
- SuperTab - Insert mode Tab completion!
- Surround - Surround your text in love...or brackets, quotation marks, etc.
- NERDCommenter- Comment your code like a pro.
- NERDTree- Visual folder/file navigation
- tlib - Required for SnipMate. Provides other utility functions.
- VimWiki - Have your very own wiki inside Vim.
- Vundle - The best Vim plugin manager
- ZenCoding - Easily create structured HTML
- ZoomWin - Zoom in and out of windows
- Turned on linenumbers, ruler, and syntax highlighting
- Made it easy to navigate wrapped lines using
<D-k>and other movements.
- Included Fugitive on the status line
- Added shortcuts to change windows like
- Added shortcut to open .vimrc
<leader>vand reload .vimrc
:. Fewer keystrokes FTW!
jjnow escapes to normal mode
- Added Date/Time insertion shortcuts. Makes using the VimWiki diary easy to do work logs.
:Gcommithave been remapped to
Cmd-Topens the CtrlP window
Quick Plugin Help
Open the Buffergator window by pressing
h,j,k,lare used as movement keys
42<CR>will open buffer number 42 in the previous window
goto open the selected buffer but keep the focus on Buffergator
Enterkey to navigate up a directory
Ctrl-vopens the selected file in a vertical split
Ctrl-ycreates a new file and all associated directories
Ctrl bswitches to buffer search mode
Call up Git commands
:Git push etc.
:Gstatus will display a split window with the staged/unstaged changes. Stage the wanted files by pressing
:Gcommit will allow you to type a commit message. Save the commit by typing
:Gist Posts whole text to Gist.
:'<,'>Gist Posts the selected text to Gist.
:Gist -a Posts whole text to Gist anonymously.
:Gist XXXXX Get Gist #XXXXX
:Gist -l List all of your Gists
<leader>cc Comments out the current line or text selected in visual mode.
<leader>cs Creates a good looking comment block
<leader>ca Adds comment delimiters at the end of the line and goes to insert mode between them.
<leader>cu Uncomments the current line or selected text.
Ctrl-y ,expands the preceeding text.
Ctrl-y nskips to the next editing point
Ctrl-y mwill merge lines selected in visual mode
How does it work? If you type
html:5 then execute the keystrokes, it will expand to this:
<!DOCTYPE HTML> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title></title> </head> <body> _ </body> </html>
You can download the Zen Coding cheatsheet here