The Chaos Collective: NodeJS Library
Rapid Prototyping library for NodeJS (on the server).
The kernel_db module provides simple access to a core set of database operations on the server including management of data for:
- Sessions: Persistant session management via express/cookies.
- Projects: A list of proposed, ongoing, and archived projects and ideas.
- Users: Lightweight user managament for keeping track of who's who.
The kernel_sessions module hooks into the kernel_db and takes care of session management.
The kernel_app module adds basic functionality useful across all apps.
- getClientIP(req): Try to get the IP address by accessing header information in the user request object.
- getClientIpBase36(req): Get the IP address, then convert it to Base36 (nice and compact for storing/printing) user info.
HTML logging by level of importance.
- log1(msg): low importance
- log7(msg): high importance
- log8(msg): very high (warning level)
- log9(msg): ultra high (error level)