Issue Response Time
Question: How much time passes between the opening of an issue and a response in the issue thread from another contributor?
This metric is an indication of how much time passes between the opening of an issues and a response from other contributors.
Learn about the responsiveness of an open source community.
- Average. Average response time in days.
- Median. Median response time in days.
- Period of time. Start and finish date of the period. Default: forever.
- Period during which responses are counted.
- response from role in project (e.g., first maintainer response)
- bot versus human (e.g., filter out automated “welcome first contributor messages”)
- opened by role in project (e.g., responsiveness to new contributors versus long-timers)
- date issue was opened
- status of issue (e.g., only look at currently open issues)
Tools Providing the Metric
Data Collection Strategies
Look at the Issues New metric for a definiton of “issues.” Subtract the issue opened timestamp from the first response timestamp. Do not count responses if created by the author of the issue.