Genome Connector is a generic API providing access to multiple resources and software for biological analysis. It improves interoperability of tools by providing an abstraction layer for file access, organization and metadata retrieval from multiple locations. Currently it aims to handle:
- Queries of files grouped into collections (via folders)
- Retrieval of files stored at remote tools
- Push to files stored at remote tools
- Reading and writing of metadata on files and collections
and also aims to support:
- AmazonS3 and other key value file stores
The code is freely available under the MIT license.