A chrome extension to download any sub-directory or file from a Github repo .
Many a times you only want to download a subdirectory of a repo , for example when looking for a library you just want download the sample given along with it and not the whole repo , currently github's ui only provides downloading individual file or entire repo as zip and not subdirectory , this extension solves this problem, just paste sub-directory's github url it downloads(not clone) that for you .
- Download [zip] (https://github.com/charany1/GHSDD/archive/master.zip)
- Unzip it.
- Go to chrome://extensions in your browser.
- Check Developer Mode.
- Click on Load Unpacked Extensions and select directory containing unzipped files.
- You should see GHSDD in your extensions page and among extensions in top pannel.
- Test : Paste https://github.com/facebook/stetho/tree/master/stetho-sample in popup and get zip.
It is based on KinoLien's gitzip.