WordPress Python Library
A simple python library for WordPress (XML-RPC interface).
The following methods are supported:
- Publishing new post (title, body, tags, categories, custom fields…)
- Editing old post
- Publishing draft post
- Deleting post
- Changing post categories
- Getting blog and user informations
- Upload multimedia files like movies or photos
- Getting last recents post
- Getting last post
- Getting Trackbacks of post
- Getting Pingbacks of post
import wordpresslib url = "http://www.mysite.com/wordpress/xmlrpc.php" wp = wordpresslib.WordPressClient(url, 'username', 'password') wp.selectBlog(0) post = wordpresslib.WordPressPost() post.title = 'Title' post.description = 'Content' post.tags = ["wordpress", "lib", "python"] # Set to False to save as a draft idPost = wp.newPost(post, True)
Very happy to have contributions to this project. Please write tests for any new features and always ensure the current tests pass.
This project has been started by Michele Ferretti in 2005.
Original project was here: