CiiMS is a high performance CMS blogging platform designed to be easy to use, fun to work with, and easy to develop with. CiiMS is fast, powerful, extendable, and flexible, and is optimized to run with a combination of tools such as Memcache, Redis, APC, and Sphinx - but can run in other configurations. The intent is to have a easy to use CMS platform that runs on Yii that is fast, user friendly, easy to use, effecient and not resource intensive.
Be sure to checkout www.ciims.org to pre-register for exclusive early access to our hosted platform.
See the Upgrading Guide for notes on how to upgrade from one version to another.
Yup, I'm stealing this idea from Syte because I think it is awesome. If you use and love CiiMS create a pull request that modifies this readme and adds a 60x60 avatar image as a link to your site. If you want to a border color that's fine too.
Sure thing boss: A demo of CiiMS can be found at:
Site: http://demo.ciims.org Admin Panel: http://demo.ciims.org/dashboard
You may use the following credentials to login and manage the site.
Email: email@example.com Pasword: admin
Please note that this demo is not monitored, and is reset at an unspecified interval and at my discretion. Please be nice. If you find a bug please report it via a Github Issue.
- Based on Yii Framework
- Installs in under 5 Minutes (Will Install Yii for you too!)
- Beautiful Default Theme
- Based in Yii Booster (Twitter Bootstrap)For Easy Development
- Content Support for both Markdown Extra and Imperavi Redactor (via Yii License)
- SEO Optimized (Sitemap XML, URL Slugs, SEO Meta Tags)
- Password Protected Content
- Site wide and Category Specific RSS Feeds
- Multiple Content Type Support
- Interchangeable Caching Systems (Redis, APC, Memcache, Files)
- Low Memory Footprint
- Social Integration (Social Signon, Social Sharing)
- Extendable with custom modules/extensions
- Beautiful and functional dashboard for managing your content and settings.
- i18n files provided for translations
- And a bunch of other things!
- Yii Framework 1.1+ (Consequently Basic Yii Requirements) (The installer and download and install Yii for you automatically if you don't have it installed already).
- PHP 5.3.7+ (Strong recommend 5.3.27+, or PHP 5.5)
- MySQL 5.5+
- mcrypt/crypt library. This is required for bcrpt hashing.
The following extensions/applications are recommended to improve performance.
- Sphinx Search Server
CiiMS comes with a built in installer which will walk you through the setup process and provide you with information in the event it can't do something. The installer should be fairly straightforward. If you run into issues during the installation, it's most likely a permission issues with /assets, /protected/runtime, or /protected/config. The installer has built in error support, and by default will recommend you make a few directories writable. Any others are most likely a setup issue rather than an issue with the installer.
Please see the installation guide for a full guide on how to install CiiMS.
If you require support at any time, submit a Github issue and I'll look into it as soon as I can.
- Unit & Functional Testing (We're currently hooked into TravisCI, but we don't have a lot of tests running at the moment)
- Help write i18n language files see #5
- Help provide translations in your native/favorite language
- Create Dashboard Cards See Instructions
- Create Beautiful Themes See Instructions
MIT LICENSE Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Charles R. Portwood II
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Free to use, modify, and do whatever the heck you want it so long as maintain this notice and don't sue me. (Though if you make a lot of money off of it, at least let me know.) =)