A .NET wrapper for tesseract-ocr 3.04.
Visual Studio 2015 x86 and x64 Runtimes
Since tesseract and leptonica binaries are compiled with Visual Studio 2015 you'll need to ensure you have the Visual Studio 2015 Runtime installed.
Tesseract language data
You will also need to download the language data files for tesseract 3.04 from tesseract-ocr.
Getting started quickly
- Add the
TesseractNuGet Package by running
Install-Package Tesseractfrom the Package Manager Console.
- Ensure you have Visual Studio 2015 x86 & x64 runtimes installed (see note above).
- Download language data files for tesseract 3.04 from the tessdata repository and add them to your project, ensure 'Copy to output directory' is set to Always.
- Check out the Samples solution
~/src/Tesseract.Samples.slnin the tesseract-samples repository for a working example.
If you run into any issues please check out this wiki page which details a number common issues and some potential solutions.
Note for contributors
Please create your pull requests to target the "develop" branch. "Master" is only for released code. Thank you.
Copyright 2012-2016 Charles Weld.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this software except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- charlesw (Charles Weld)
A big thanks to GitHub and all of Tesseract's contributors:
Also thanks to the following projects\resources without which this project would not exist in it's current form:
- InteropDotNet - For developing a dynamic interop system that allows tesseract to be used from both mono and .net.
- Reactive Extensions - The basic idea from which the build\packaging system is built on.
- TwainDotNet - Batch build script
- Tesseract-dot-net - The origianl dot net wrapper that started all this.
- Interop with Native Libraries - Stacks of useful information about c# P/Invoke and Marshaling