serializer collects links from Hacker news & others and lists them in sequential order, some might even say it serializes them. It also collects a few other sources, not all of which are voting based, e.g. Ars Technica.
- Read-to-Here Marker
- Loginless sessions for cross-device syncing
- Customizable source feeds - toggle sources in 'menu'
- Reading time estimates (based on 300wpm and a simple content extractor)
- Tweet counts that are updated for recently added items
- Basic duplicate link removal
- Tab title unread marker & background refresh
Feedback & Contributing
rake collect_feedscan be used to populate items, collection doesn't run automatically in development.
- Images and icons are hosted on Cloudinary.
- If the app runs into issues it sends notifications via Airbrake.
To have everything up and running you'll need most of these set.