This release of VHS includes a brand new
You can now include (
Source) other tape files into other tape files to reuse collections of commands that you find yourself repeating. This allows you to build tape modules and compose parent tape files.
To get started, let's create two tape files:
touch source.tape touch demo.tape
source.tape place any commands you repeat often
Type "I'm being summoned." Sleep 500ms Enter
demo.tape, you can
Source source.tape which will execute all the commands found in the sourced tape file.
Output out.gif Set Height 1000 Source source.tape # this will execute all commands in ./source.tape Type "That's all folks" Enter
When you run
vhs demo.tape it will perform all the commands within the tape file and when it reaches the
Source invocation it will execute all the commands in
Alt+Enterby @maaslalani in #305
This release of VHS fixes a bug that caused incorrect background rendering (#249).
In addition to using the latest version of VHS, you will also need to upgrade
ttyd to use the latest commit on
- fix: use user shell for VHS record by @maaslalani in #279
- fix: powershell run command by @gaskeo in #290
- fix: output tape to stdout by @maaslalani in #294
- fix: record sleep only in supported time units by @tr3mor in #300
- @gaskeo made their first contribution in #290
- @bashbunni made their first contribution in #285
- @Xiol made their first contribution in #284
- @tr3mor made their first contribution in #300
Full Changelog: v0.4.0...v0.5.0
Thoughts? Questions? We love hearing from you. Feel free to reach out on Twitter, The Fediverse, or on Discord.