textacy: NLP, before and after spaCy
textacy is a Python library for performing a variety of natural language processing (NLP) tasks, built on the high-performance spaCy library. With the fundamentals --- tokenization, part-of-speech tagging, dependency parsing, etc. --- delegated to another library,
textacy focuses primarily on the tasks that come before and follow after.
- Access and extend spaCy's core functionality for working with one or many documents through convenient methods and custom extensions
- Load prepared datasets with both text content and metadata, from Congressional speeches to historical literature to Reddit comments
- Clean, normalize, and explore raw text before processing it with spaCy
- Extract structured information from processed documents, including n-grams, entities, acronyms, keyterms, and SVO triples
- Compare strings and sequences using a variety of similarity metrics
- Tokenize and vectorize documents then train, interpret, and visualize topic models
- Compute text readability statistics, including Flesch-Kincaid grade level, SMOG index, and multi-lingual Flesch Reading Ease
... and much more!
- Download: https://pypi.org/project/textacy
- Documentation: https://textacy.readthedocs.io
- Source code: https://github.com/chartbeat-labs/textacy
- Bug Tracker: https://github.com/chartbeat-labs/textacy/issues
- Burton DeWilde (email@example.com)