Sick Beard is currently an alpha release. There may be severe bugs in it and at any given time it may not work at all.
Sick Beard is a PVR for newsgroup users (with limited torrent support). It watches for new episodes of your favorite shows and when they are posted it downloads them, sorts and renames them, and optionally generates metadata for them. It currently supports NZBs.org, NZBMatrix, Bin-Req, NZBs'R'Us, EZTV.it, and any Newznab installation and retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com.
- automatically retrieves new episode torrent or nzb files
- can scan your existing library and then download any old seasons or episodes you're missing
- can watch for better versions and upgrade your existing episodes (to from TV DVD/BluRay for example)
- XBMC library updates, poster/fanart downloads, and NFO/TBN generation
- configurable episode renaming
- sends NZBs directly to SABnzbd, prioritizes and categorizes them properly
- available for any platform, uses simple HTTP interface
- can notify XBMC, Growl, or Twitter when new episodes are downloaded
- specials and double episode support
Sick Beard makes use of the following projects:
- Python GNTP
To run Sick Beard from source you will need Python 2.6+ and Cheetah 2.1.0+. The binary releases are standalone.