Chat21 is the core of the open source live chat platform Tiledesk.com.
Chat21-cloud function is the backend module required for the operation of the other chat21 modules.
- Send a direct message
- Send a group message
- Create a conversation for each message
- Send the push notification for direct and group message
- Send an info message to notify the creation of a group or a member joining
- NPM installed. More info here https://nodejs.org/en/
- Create a Firebase Project on https://console.firebase.google.com/. Follow the Firebase Documentation to create a new project on the Firebase console.
- Install Firebase CLI running
npm install -g firebase-tools. More info here https://firebase.google.com/docs/cli/ If the command fails, you may need to change npm permissions as described here https://docs.npmjs.com/getting-started/fixing-npm-permissions or try to install Firebase CLI locally with
npm install firebase-tools@
You can find more info about Firebase Functions here https://firebase.google.com/docs/functions/get-started
- Clone or download this repo from github
- Run from command line:
cd functions npm install
- Login to Firebase CLI with
firebase login. More info here https://firebase.google.com/docs/cli/
- Set up your Firebase project by running
firebase use --add, select your Project ID and follow the instructions.
- Deploy to Firebase using the following command:
firebase deploy. You can see the deployed functions on the Firebase Console under Functions menu.
Send your first message
- Create a new user on the Firebase Console under Authentication Menu.
- Select Email/Password for Authentication Provider
- Click on "Add New User" and populate Email and Password field with for example : email = firstname.lastname@example.org, password = 123456
- Get a JWT token calling JWT Authentication method as described here JWT Authentication
- Sending a new message using Send Message API with JWT Authentication as described here Send message