paresseux is a lazy migration tool for active model aware model.
Ruby 1.9.2 is required, and 1.9.3 is recommanded.
Install it with rubygems:
gem install paresseux
With bundler, add it to your
gem "paresseux", "~>0.0.2"
Mongoid::Paresseux in your active model classes.
class Article # Define current version of mapping at the very top. VERSION = 3 include Mongoid::Document include Mongoid::Paresseux end
Next step : creating a class responsible for data migration. Naming convention here is to add
Paresseux to current class name.
In a rails project, adding thoses files to
app/migrations makes sense.
class ArticleParesseux < Paresseux::Migration def migration_1_to_2 # updating data model.slug = new_slug end def migration_2_to_3 # updating data end # and so on... end
In this example,
ArticleParesseux have access to article instance through the
model method, and target version with
migration_2_to_3 will be called before a save is performed.
- It's more a POC than anything.
- Not used in production... yet.
- Only mongoid is supported.
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself in another branch so I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
MIT. See LICENSE for further details.