ShadowCraft is a framework for rogue gear, talent, gem, reforge, enchant, glyph, and rotation optimization. The goal is to have a tool that can run as close to entirely clientside as possible.
Currently, ShadowCraft uses server-side Ruby for Armory/Wowhead data import and distilling into JS files for consumption by the client.
Requires Ruby 1.9.2, Rails 3, Coffeescript (which means node.js), and MongoDB 1.6+, as well as a browser made this decade.
The engine requires Python 2.6 and a recent version of Twisted.
git clone git://github.com/cheald/shadowcraft-ui.git cd shadowcraft-ui/ bundle install
Start it up (passenger, unicorn, thin, whatever your poison) and you're rolling. Sweet.
Initial data population
You'll want items in your database. Fortunately, that's easy.
rails console production > Item.populate_gear > Item.populate_gems > Glyph.populate! > Enchant.update_from_json!
Congrats. You now have ~2000 items and gems locally cached.
- All client app updates are done in coffeescript, and make.watchr is used to compile them into concatenation.js.
- Markup should validate as HTML5.
- Commits shall have useful (terse is okay) commit messages.
- A test suite would be particularly welcome.
- Clone this repository
- Make your changes and publish to your own GitHub copy of the repository
- Issue a pull request. More information with the pull request is more likely to end up with a merge.