SRP & APS Bill calculator
This is a tool to estimate what your power costs would be on an hour-by-hour basis, for each of SRP and APS's different plans. I wrote it to determine which of SRP's plans would be least expensive for my family.
- Go to your account usage page at https://myaccount.srpnet.com/MyAccount/usage
- Find the "Report Options" box
- Change the "Daily" dropdown to "Hourly"
- Change your Start Date and End Date to the desired range you want to project over
- Click the "Export to Excel" button.
Log in to your APS account
Select my energy > daily & hourly usage.
Select the "detailed energy usage" tab
At the very bottom of detailed energy usage, you have the option to export. The default range is a month. Change the date range to a year, and click "download"
After exporting your .xslx, open it in Excel, LibreOffice, or Google Docs, and save it as a CSV
Running the tool
Once you have your CSV, pass it to the tool:
ruby power.rb -f 082-174-000-Hourly-20170620-20180627.csv -p srp ruby power.rb -f 082-174-000-Hourly-20170620-20180627.csv -p aps
And your projections per plan will be computed and displayed.