Fuel UX provides all of the styles and plugins from the revolutionary Twitter Bootstrap project, with the following additions:
- Combobox - combines input and dropdown for easy and flexible data selection
- Datagrid - renders data in a table with paging, sorting, and searching
- Pillbox - manages selected items with color-coded text labels
- Search - combines input and button for integrated search interaction
- Spinner - provides convenient numeric input with increment and decrement buttons
- One-step installation and updates through volo
- AMD compatibility for modular structure and deployment optimization
- Grunt-based build script to easily create custom distribution files
- Namespaced CSS (just add a
fueluxclass) for safe use on existing sites
git clone git://github.com/ExactTarget/fuelux.git
- Default Fuel UX files for production use are located in the dist directory
- To customize, modify the JS and LESS files under src then run
gruntto regenerate your dist directory (more below)
Documentation and Examples
Live docs and demos can be found at http://exacttarget.github.com/fuelux
- Fix loader.js (used for non-AMD pages) to be synchronous
- First public release of Fuel UX
In lieu of a formal style guide, take care to maintain the existing coding style. Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality. Lint and test your code using grunt.
More about Contributing to Fuel UX
Please don't edit files in the
dist directory as they are generated via grunt. You'll find source code in the
While grunt can run the included unit tests via PhantomJS, this isn't a substitute for the real thing. Please be sure to test the
test/*.html unit test file(s) in real browsers as well.
More about Installing grunt and PhantomJS
The Fuel UX Philosophy
Our aim is to provide a suite of related but independent projects that help web developers integrate, manage, and customize quality libraries and utilities to more efficiently develop, maintain, test, and distribute their projects. Any improvements or fixes we make to the open source projects we use will be contributed upstream if they are useful to the rest of the community.
We are grateful to the maintainers, contributors, and sponsors of the following technologies which make FuelUX possible:
jQuery (Library for DOM, events, animation, and AJAX)
Twitter Bootstrap (Modern UI components and interactions)
Copyright and license
Copyright (c) 2012 ExactTarget
Licensed under the MIT License (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the COPYING file.
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.