A map of places I've checked in on Earth.
- I want to plot all the places I've been to on a map.
- I want a digital version of push pins on a physical map.
- I want to show people where I've been to.
- I want to see where I haven't been to.
- I want to try Mapbox GL JS.
- I like the cool maps from Gyroscope.
- I need an excuse to get a
.earthTLD, inspired by Conquer Earth. (I already have
- Generate access token from Foursquare (requires your own CLIENT ID, etc; figure it out on your own).
.envfile, with environment-specific variables on new lines:
npm run checkins- Fetch all checks-ins from Foursquare. Raw
checkins.jsonis not part of repo because of privacy.
checkins[.min].geojsonfiles have shortened coordinates for privacy.
npm run countries
npm start- Watch and transpile
assets/app.raw.js, and start the server.
- Make this available for other people. Self-hosted or hosted?
- Date & time range filtering, for check-ins.
- Dustin Curtis's Conquer Earth
- Where Do You Go
- Your diary (on Foursquare)
- Foursquare's old Time Machine (video)