This is a personal side project to fuel my curiosity on these factors:
- Plotting more than 500,000 data points on Mapbox GL JS.
- Data visualization of all tree data, in 4 criterias:
- Type; Tree, Heritage
- Girth (meters)
- Age (years)
- Family (to group up the large number of species)
- Discovery of trees.
- Prominent/important trees stand out more by having larger radii.
- Super fast info card by just hovering on the tree markers (for devices with a mouse).
👇 👇 👇 Read more about it 👇 👇 👇
Node.js is required.
npm install- install dependencies.
npm start- start a local server for the site.
npm run build- build the assets in
distfolder for deployment.
Available here: cheeaun/sgtreesdata.
Copyright & license
- Data from Trees.sg © National Parks Board
- Map © Mapbox © OpenStreetMap contributors
- SVG icons from Font Awesome
- Code licensed under MIT