Rain GeoJSON SG
Straight-forward API server to convert rain area radar images (Singapore) to GeoJSON.
- 50-km radar images: Weather.gov.sg
- 70-km radar images: MyENV apps
- Radar images are generated every 5 minutes.
- Raster image is converted to GeoJSON, pixel by pixel. From pixels to polygons.
- Polygons in GeoJSON are grouped by color/intensity into
MultiPolygons. Adjacent polygons are unioned/combined.
- Intensity values are improvised to be 0-100. These may not be standard/scientific values. They are reverse-engineered from the rain intensity color scheme (Light → Moderate → Heavy).
- Only the latest GeoJSON data is cached and will updated every few minutes.
Try it out
Node.js is required to run this server. These are the commands:
npm i- install all dependencies
npm run dev- run a development server
npm start- run a production server
/- return a basic JSON of basic information
/now- return the GeoJSON result of latest radar image