TaxiRouter SG is a web app that lets you explore available taxis and taxi stands in Singapore. Period.
It has very little number of features:
- List all taxi stands in Singapore.
- Shows all available taxis in the whole Singapore.
- Tells how many available taxis around you.
- Tells how far is the nearest taxi stand around you.
This project is first inspired by @uzyn's project: Singapore Taxi Data Visualization. Also following up from his talk on FOSS Asia 2016: Uncovering of an obfuscated public governmental API . Later, Data.gov.sg releases a new taxi availability API and that marks the beginning of this project.
- Building TaxiRouter SG https://cheeaun.com/blog/2016/03/building-taxirouter-sg/
- Rebuilding TaxiRouter SG https://cheeaun.com/blog/2018/04/rebuilding-taxirouter-sg/
- Download "LTA Taxi Stop" data from https://data.gov.sg/dataset/lta-taxi-stop
- Extract the GeoJSON file to
data/lta-taxi-stop-geojson.geojson(assuming the file name is still the same).
npm run taxi-standsto (re)generate
data/taxi-stands.json, to be used by the web app
npm i- install everything
npm start- runs a local development server
npm run start-https- runs a local development server with HTTPS
npm run build- builds the production assets for deployment
Data: © Land Transport Authority
Everything else: MIT