Chef Analytics Splunk App
Splunk App to gather insights from your Chef infrastructure via Chef Analytics.
- Chef Analytics 1.1.4 or later
Nodes Activity Dashboard
Server Activity Dashboard
- Go to
Notificationstab in your Analytics UI.
- Give your configuration a name for e.g.
passwordfor your Splunk Server.
- Port should be
- Create the necessary rules to send data to your Splunk Server. You will need at least 3 rules:
rules 'Splunk' rule on action when true then notify('my-splunk-notifier') end rule on run_converge when true then notify('my-splunk-notifier') end rule on run_resource when true then notify('my-splunk-notifier') end end
- If you use Chef Audit Mode, create two additional rules if you wish to see the results of audits:
rule on run_control when true then notify('my-splunk-notifier') end rule on run_control_group when true then notify('my-splunk-notifier') end
NOTE: These rules must be inserted verbatim. Any variance from the rules above will result in a non-functioning integration.
- Install Chef Analytics Splunk App in your Splunk Enterprise Server. (Splunk Light does not support packaged apps.) If you do not know how to do this, read the Splunk article How do I install a Splunk Packaged App?
This project is maintained using the Chef Community Maintenance Policy.
If you have encountered a problem or if you have a feature request, create an issue here.
Send in a pull request if you'd like to contribute to this project.
- Serdar Sutay (serdar at chef dot io)
Copyright:: Copyright (c) 2015 Chef Software, Inc. License:: Apache License, Version 2.0
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.