chef-server cookbook CHANGELOG
This file is used to list changes made in each version of the chef-server cookbook.
As of Chef management console 2.3.0 the Chef MLSA must be accepted when reconfiguring the product. Chef ingredient added the accept_license property to provide a way to automate this. This fix adds the attribute ['chef-server']['accept_license']. The default value is false. Individuals must explicitly change the value to true in their environment.
This cookbook now requires chef-ingredient 0.18 or later. This switches the package source for chef-server packages to packages.chef.io, and also changes the names of the server add-ons as follows:
- chef-ha -> ha
- chef-sync -> sync
- push-server -> push-jobs-server
- #105: Move
fqdn_resolvesmethod to chef-ingredient cookbook.
Major version update, breaking changes ahead
- 84: Add ability to set the package source with an attribute for local package installation
- 90: Breaking Use chef-ingredient cookbook. The breaking change is that of the configuration file. Users who are modifying the configuration with the
node['chef-server']['configuration']attribute as a hash will need to convert it to a string. See the README for more detail.
- 93: Add a
topologyattribute. Finally you can use this cookbook for non-standalone installs.
- various cleanup
- rubocop -a
- adding .kitchen.cloud.yml
- minor readability refactoring
- Add a recipe and attribute to support installing addons. These are Chef premium features, see the README for more information about the
- Issue #74, use :reconfigure action instead of notification so other configuration can happen after the Server is up within the same Chef run.
Major Version Update
- Remove the omnitruck API client library and related attributes
- Use packagecloud repository for packages through the
- Remove the
- Remove the dependency on the git cookbook
- Remove the Vagrantfile - we use test-kitchen now
- Update the Berksfile accordingly
- Add ServerSpec tests
- Fixes #46/COOK-4691, use IP address as hostname. This is only recommended for testing purposes.
- COOK-4660 - Adds a OS version and image updates to the testing harness
- Dropping dependency on git
- [COOK-4386] - 'package_options' attribute added
- Updating test harness, adding amazon support to omnitruck library
- '[COOK-4176] - Ensure creation of
- '[COOK-4178] - update Bento boxes used in chef-server cookbook'
Documentation update to reflect Vagrant version dependency
- Complete re-write for Chef Server 11+. Chef Server is now installed
- using "fat" Omnibus package.
- [COOK-1637] - Directory creation in chef-server should be recursive
- [COOK-1638] - chef-server: Minor foodcritic fixups needed
- [COOK-1643] - Chef Server Cookbook Missing Erlang in Metadata Depends
- [COOK-1767] - use platform_family in chef-server cookbook
- [COOK-801] - add amazon linux
- [COOK-886] - use bin path consistently
- [COOK-1034] - expander bluepill doesn't have default value for node count
- [COOK-757] - compact all the views
- [COOK-969] -
server_aliasesas configurable attributes on