This is the central repository for the Chef Push Jobs service.
This repository does not contain any code, as the push jobs code is spread out across several repositories.
The purpose of this repository is to serve as a central place to report push jobs issues and to outline how to contribute to the push jobs system. If an issue is known to be against a specific subsystem, you may file it against that system, but it is always appropriate to file push system issues here.
Components of the Chef Push Jobs Service
- opscode-pushy-server The Erlang push jobs service.
- opscode-pushy-client The Ruby push jobs client as well as its installation configuration and project definition.
- push-jobs cookbook Push jobs cookbook.
- knife-push Knife plugin to use the push jobs service.
- opscode-pushy-simulator A client simulator in erlang used for load testing.
- pushy-common Common code between the simulator and the service.
Major Technologies used in Chef Push Server
If you're looking to contribute to certain parts of the push jobs service, familiarity with the following related tools is also beneficial, depending on the area:
- rebar (used for dependency management in Erlang)
- sqitch (database migrations)