Scrapes data from 102.7 WEQX online song history log, calculates top hits of the day, and updates a user's Spotify playlist.
Tools & Technology
Currently this project is compatible with Unix systems.
Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/chenmela/eqxify.git
Optional: Create a virtualenv
pip install virtualenv virtualenv <your_venv_name>
Optional: Use your virtualenv
Either within or outside virtualenv:
pip install Flask pip install BeautifulSoup4 pip install request
Create a Spotify app:
- Follow the instructions here
- Add your client ID and client secret to eqxify.py
- Add http://127.0.0.1:5000 as your redirect URI on the Spotify dashboard (or another port)
Crontab (daily updates): More details coming soon. Check out cron_commands.sh for basics.
Run your app: export FLASK_APP=eqxify.py flask run
Visit 127.0.0.1:5000, authorize access to the app, and enjoy!
- Updates to cron installation
- script for developers that takes client ID and secret, automates set-up of Flask app and cron
- website/app for non-developers that prompts user to log in to Spotify and does the rest behind the scenes