Lists and filters and snoozing pull requests, oh my! This is an app for managing your notifications on GitHub by way of filtering issues and pull requests that are of interest to you.
You must provide a GitHub personal access token once you start the app the first
time. Create a token with the
scope. When running the app, your token will be stored in Keychain in macOS,
Gnome Keyring in Linux, and Credential Vault in Windows.
How to Develop
This was developed with npm version 3.10.3 and node version 6.3.1.
In Linux, you may need to run
sudo apt-get install libgnome-keyring-dev
first because this app uses gnome-keyring. Afterward, including for macOS and Windows:
# Clone this repository git clone https://github.com/cheshire137/gh-notifications-snoozer # Go into the repository cd gh-notifications-snoozer # Install dependencies npm install
If you are developing snoozer use
npm run-script dev. This will use your
Desktop as the storage location to make deving easier.
For everything else use
When I run
Exit the app and try running:
npm start again and see if the app loads.
In Windows when I
npm install, I get an error with node-gyp.
These instructions come from https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp#installation.
- Install Python from https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/. As of this time, node-gyp requires Python version >= v2.5.0 and < 3.0.0.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools from http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools using the Default Install option.
- If you're in Windows 7 or Vista, install .NET Framework 4.5.1 from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40773.
- Install Microsoft Build Tools from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48159.
- Install the latest NodeJS from https://nodejs.org/en/download/current/. As of this time, it's npm 3.10.8 and node 6.8.1.
npm config set msvs_version 2015 --global
rm -r node_modules
How to Run Tests
How you set the
NODE_ENV environment variable to run
npm test may be different depending on your operating system and shell.
npm install NODE_ENV=test npm test
You can run just the style checker by itself with
npm run style. You can run just the tests by themselves with
NODE_ENV=test npm run unit-tests.
How to Build the App
npm install npm run build-macos
The directory dist/GHSnooze-darwin-x64/ will be created with a GHSnooze.app file inside that you can double-click to run.
npm install npm run build-windows
Directories dist\GHSnooze-win32-ia32\ and dist\GHSnooze-win32-x64\ will be created with GHSnooze.exe that you can run.
npm install npm run build-linux