This is the source code for my website at http://chessmasterhong.github.io.
For those wanting to set up the project on their machine, follow the below instructions:
- Obtain the repository files (choose a method)
- Clone via HTTPS
git clone https://github.com/chessmasterhong/chessmasterhong.github.io.git
- Clone via SSH
git clone email@example.com:chessmasterhong/chessmasterhong.github.io.git
- Download and extract the files
- Clone via HTTPS
- Change directory into newly obtained repository's root directory
- Install development packages
- Install distribution packages
- Build project from source (must be done the first time the project is set up; any time after that is optional but preferred)
npm run build
- Serve project and monitor changes to source files (will automatically rebuild on change)
npm run serve
- When (re)build finishes, view built site in web browser
- Modify source files and refresh browser to see updated changes
- Try not to install/uninstall packages (via npm or bower) while changes are being monitored. It may crash the process. Nothing serious; the package was still installed, but the process was rebuilding the site repeatedly each time a new file was downloaded from the package's repository before the previous rebuild process completed, causing it to error. Just restart the watch process if that happens.
- For each new
./<DirectoryName>/index.htmlpage automatically generated using Jade (whose source file is at
./src/templates/layouts/<DirectoryName>/index.jade), a respective
./src/data/<DirectoryName>.jsonmust be created. Otherwise, the build process will not compile the Jade file. This is due to the way the project build process was created.
You may feel free to re-use any part of the structure, design, and layout of this website. If you do use them, a link back to my website at
http://chessmasterhong.github.io and/or this repository at
https://github.com/chessmasterhong/chessmasterhong.github.io would be appreciated, but not required.
See LICENSE.md for additional licensing information.
See humans.txt for technology colophon.