A url shortening service
On the web: https://basic-url-shortener.herokuapp.com
Android app: <>
This is a url shortening service with
Meteor Backend and
Enter a url in the input box and press enter. Voila! Your url is saved and a shortened version is displayed. A list of all root domains is also displayed.
You can filter by domain simply by clicking on a domain button.
Installing and running the project
meteorby following the instructions on the meteor site: https://www.meteor.com/install
- Clone this repo
cdinto the project directory on your command line and issue the command
meteor npm install
- After the installation, start the application by issuing the command
- Go to http://localhost:3000 to view your project.
- To view in another port use
meteor --port <port_number>
Assignment requirements checklist
- The frontend web application displays a URL input form for users to enter a long URL, and open submitting the form a shortened URL is registered and displayed. It is implemented in
- The matching backend persists the data and handles redirect. It is implemented with
Statistics about the number of shortened URLs and the number of unique domains is displayed.
A few tests is written for the app and can be run with the following command
meteor test --once --full-app --driver-package meteortesting:mocha
- The system maintains a collection of unique root domains.
- Filter URLs by their root domains and display associated statistics.
- It is possible to create an android and iOS build of the application.
A docker image is not included, but the app is accessible here https://basic-url-shortener.herokuapp.com