Chip16 Project (version 1.3)
The Chip16 emulation project home, with documentation, examples, and help.
What is Chip16?
An emulation project helping programmers write their first emulator, using a well-defined, relatively simple VM specification.
It also doubles as a cool toy platform to write little games and demos for.
Head over to the wiki: you will find exchaustive information about the system, and a full list of opcodes to implement.
You will also find rationale for Chip16's development, as well as guides, soon.
What to get
My work, excluding ROMs:
- mash16 - my own emulator; best choice for Linux
- Js16 - my alt. emulator, in-browser
- tchip16 - assembler
- img16 - image to sprite converter (also available in the src directory)
Others' work (cherry picked):
- RefChip16 - Refraction (PCSX2 dev)'s emulator; best choice for Windows
- hchip - emulator written in Haskell, for cool people
Other ROMs, emulators, tools and ideas are buried in:
If you have any program, or patch to contribute, feel free to post a Pull Request!