A free collection of JS (JesuSonic) plugins for Reaper.
See the source files for details and instructions.
- Bus Comp: Submix bus oriented compressor with automatic/program-dependent release, fadeable stereo linking, external sidechain input with high pass filter, instability noise, dynamic saturation, optional output hard clipping and dry/wet mix for parallel compression. NEW Now with Mid/Side mode
- Consolidator: A set of 3 compressors with sidechain filter and stereo linking chained in a row, each with its own character. Has a dry/wet mix parameter for instant parallel/NY compression. NEW Now with Mid/Side mode
- Correlation Meter: Inspect your song's stereo phase balance and find mono-problematic areas by watching an indicator go red.
- DC Offset: Adds constant 0 Hz content and shifts waveforms up or down, probably only useful to test DC filters.
- Filthy Delay: Stereo delay with multiple routings (stereo, inverted, ping-pong, mono, more to come), plus optional filters and boostable saturation in the feedback path. NEW Now with downsampling degradation
- Foldback Distortion: Folds waves between 0 and an adjustable ceiling, very harsh and nasty distortion.
- Gate/Expander: Several channel routings, external sidechain, sidechain filter, fadeable stereo linking, hysteresis, and it can be switched between gate (fades to silence) and expander (fades to defined volume) modes.
- Hard Clipper: Simple and effective, chops away peaks above an adjustable ceiling volume, call it cold transistor distortion if you must.
- Interpolated Noise: Various flavours of pleasingly natural and organically chaotic noise created with the help of various interpolation methods.
- M-S Fader: Converts a stereo source to a Mid/Side signal and then fades between 100% Mid and 100% Side signal, or a mix of both. Great to remove the center signal, or to focus in on it.
- Phase Scope: Visualizes the stereo field of a signal, also commonly known as Goniometer, Vector Scope or Lissajous. NEW Selectable visualization colour and freeze-on-halt function.
- Signal Crusher: Sample rate changes, lost sample reconstruction, bit truncation, bit dithering... it's all in here.
- Soft Clipper: Increasingly lowers signal peaks the closer they get to an adjustable ceiling volume, call it warm tube overdrive if you must. Has up to 16x oversampling, DC blocker and optional final (non oversampled) hard clipping stage for true 0 dBfs output.
- Stereo Pan: Utility that implements various standardized pan laws, as well as some custom methods by me.
- Test Signals: A collection of 13 different test tone and noise generators in one plugin, 14 if you count silence. Can have a different generator on each channel, can output both or just one channel, can sum both channels.
- Track Comp: A low-CPU and ultra-flexible compressor, with everything from peak/RMS detection over feed-forward/-back modes, stereo linking and channel setups to automatic gain compensation and dynamic saturation.
- Volume Range Trim: Fader to non-destructively alter a signal's volume within a specific range (+/- 6, 12, 24, 48 dB), gives finer control when automating volume. NEW Auto-adapts to track's channel count
- Volume Trim: Simple fader to alter a signal's volume, useful for gain-staging between plugins. NEW Auto-adapts to track's channel count
- Wave Scope: Waveform display that can visualize various mono/stereo channel streams as Decibels, signed or absolute samples. With fadeable colours and freeze-on-halt function.
(There may be more in the future)
- The important stuff is in the plugins folder, so download what you want from there, or get the full release here.
- If you don't know what to do with these files, watch the Reaper Blog tutorial on how to install JS plugins.
This is just a fun project for me, I do this on the side to waste time or template C++ code, so don't expect too much of an effort. But if you find any bugs, or if you have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to report them in the issue tracker, I'll have a look there every now and then.
Have fun! <3