This is a plugin for PS3 Media Server that adds flexible support for Web video streaming via MEncoder.
PMSEncoder should work on all platforms supported by PS3 Media Server.
- download the PMSEncoder jar file and place it in the PMS
- if you have an old version of the plugin, remove it.
pmsencoderto the front of the list of engines in PMS.conf e.g.
engines = pmsencoder,mencoder,tsmuxer,mplayeraudio&c.
- if you previously used the standalone version of PMSEncoder, disable it by removing the
mencoder_path = /path/to/pmsencoderline.
- restart PMS
To upgrade to a new version of the plugin, simply remove the old version, save the new version, and restart PMS.
- Check the PMS debug.log.
- Check the pmsencoder.log, which should be in the same location as the debug.log.
Please do the following when reporting any issues:
- start (or restart) PMS
- try to stream a web video
- wait until it fails
- post your PMS.conf, pmsencoder.log and debug.log (as a zipped attachment)
Copyright 2009-2010 chocolateboy.
PMSEncoder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0.