AutoHotkey is a free, open source macro-creation and automation software utility that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a custom scripting language that is aimed specifically at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys.
- Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks
- Write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or a macro recorder
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse
- Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse
- Essentially any key, button or combination can become a hotkey
- Expand abbreviations as you type them
- Retrieve and change the clipboard's contents
- Convert any AHK script into an executable file that can be run on computers where AutoHotkey is not installed
- Create custom data-entry forms, user interfaces and menu bars
- Automate data entry jobs by reading data from text files, XML, CSV, Excel and various database formats
- Read signals from hand-held remote controls via the WinLIRC client script
- Supports Component Object Model (COM)
- Supports advanced programming constructs such as arrays, objects, hashtables, variadic functions etc.
- DLL calls and Windows Messages
- Perl Compatible Regular Expressions (PCRE).
- Interactive debugging features
- Much more ...