Repeatable, reboot resilient windows environment installations made easy using Chocolatey packages
Windows environment creation made easy!
- 100% Unattended Install with pending reboot detection and automatic logon.
- Remote machine deployments
- Integrates with Hyper-V and Windows Azure VMs supporting checkpoint restore and creation
- Installation packages build on top of Chocolatey package management
- Easily install with just a Gist and the Boxstarter Web Launcher or create a private repository on a thumb drive or network share
- Works on Window 7/2008 R2 and up with PowerShell 2.0 and higher
- Lots of Windows configuration utilities including installing critical updates, changing windows explorer options, and more.
Quickly install your favorite applications and settings, on any machine, with a gist! No pre-installed software needed.
Grab your Gist
Launch the Boxstarter launcher
Easily package installation scripts and resources in a NuGet package
A simple Hello World
Import-Module Boxstarter.Chocolatey New-BoxstarterPackage HelloWorld Set-Content (Join-Path $Boxstarter.LocalRepo "HelloWorld\Tools\ChocolateyInstall.ps1") ` -Value "Write-Host `"Hello World! from `$env:COMPUTERNAME`";CINST Git" -Force Invoke-BoxstarterBuild HelloWorld
Install on another machine
$creds=Get-Credential win7\mwrock Install-BoxstarterPackage -ComputerName win7 ` -Package HelloWorld -Credential $creds
NOTE: PowerShell Remoting must be enabled on the remote machine. Launch a PowerShell Console as administrator: