Community Chocolatey DSC Resource
This resource is aimed at getting and installing packages from the choco gallery.
The resource takes the name of the package and will then install that package.
See ExampleConfig.ps1 for example usage.
See list of packages here: https://chocolatey.org/packages
Happy to accept new features and fixes. Outstanding issues which can be worked on tagged HelpedWanted under issues.
Submitting a PR
Here's the general process of fixing an issue in the DSC Resource Kit:
- Fork the repository.
- Clone your fork to your machine.
- It's preferred to create a non-master working branch where you store updates.
- Make changes.
- Write pester tests to ensure that the issue is fixed.
- Submit a pull request to the development branch.
- Make sure all tests are passing in AppVeyor for your pull request.
- Make sure your code does not contain merge conflicts.
- Address comments (if any).
Build and Publishing
AppVeyor is used to package up the resource and publish to the Powershell Gallery (on successful build from a newly pushed tag only).
The AppVeyor scripts do the following:
- Test the resources using 'xDSCResourceDesigner'
- Verify best practises using 'PSScriptAnalyzer'
- Update the version in the manifest file
- Publish the module to the powershell gallery
- Checkin updated manifest file to github