This repository has been archived by the owner on Jan 18, 2020. It is now read-only.
Releases · chop-dbhi/avocado
- #153 Added support for Django 1.6
- #312 Added support for Django 1.7
- #252 Added a
PERMISSIONS_ENABLEDsetting to toggle when the permissions system should be enabled if django-guardian is installed. Set to
Falseto explicitly disable permissions, otherwise it will be automatically applied if installed.
- #234 Models are now frozen as part of the metadata migrations.
- #268 A fallback search implementation has been added when Haystack is not installed or being used. Previously, the
searchmanager method would throw an error if called and Haystack was not setup. This was problematic since Serrano uses that method. Now the search performs an
icontainsdatabase query on the relevant fields.
- #280 Add utilities for canceling queries
- #318 Utilities for performing asynchronous (background) queries. This requires a Redis server to be setup and django-rq installed.
- #288 Dropped support for Django 1.4
- #249 South migrations
0014have been combined. Application migrations that depend on specific Avocado migrations less than
0014must be updated to to point to
- #216 The deprecated
lexiconpackage has been removed. A data migration is included to set
code_field_nameof lexicon primary key fields. Note: This drops support for lexicon detection on foreign key-based fields.
- 2cc44b9 In 2.3.x,
DataFieldaggregation methods (such as
f.count()) returned an
Aggregatorinstance that could be further manipulated and lazily evaluated. However, this prevented the actual return value of those methods from being cached. This has been changed so the value itself is returned so it can be used directly and also be properly cached.
- #194 The
treefields have been removed in favor of a
countmethod to compute the count dynamically. This value is cached and is automatically invalidated based on the
- #246 The
groupfield has been removed from
DataConceptsince it was not being acknowledged in the permission system. The superior solution is to use django-guardian to define relationships between users and groups to fields and concepts.
- #250 Change the field
- #251 Remove
internalunused fields from
- #184 The deprecated
setspackage has been removed. A data migration is included to set the
label_fieldattribute is defined on the
Backported Fixes and Features
Update Modeltree 1.1.9
- #253 - Introduces the
PERMISSIONS_ENABLEDsetting that determines whether object-level permissions should when getting all published data fields or concepts. Previously, it was determined based on whether django-guardian was installed. Now there is support for explicitly disabling it even if guardian is installed.
Formatter Refactor & Bugs
- #243 - Refactored the base
Formatterclass to derive the default preferred format from
DataConceptitself rather than blindly trying all formats. This also prevents incorrectly coercing values out of their native type.
- #239 - Fix an issue affecting Lexicon-based fields that did not properly resolve the value field name.
- Fix an issue in the
DataField.distmethod which caused all fields on the model to be grouped by, rather than just the value field.
Data Cache Memory Leak Fix
Data Cache Improvements, Migration Fix
Optional Field Indexing
Optional QuerySets & Fixes
- #214 - Add
DataField.randomfor returning N random values
- #220 - Add optional
querysetargument to many
- #212 - Return cleaned values from DataContext validation
Share By Username, Data Sparsity, Admin Enhancements
- Queries can now be (optionally) shared by username. Sharing features are now driven by a few settings
- The admin list display has been updated to order by categories and current status
- Hardcoded admin URLs have been removed to support sub-classing
- A new
sparsitymethod has been added to
DataFieldwhich computes the ratio of records with null values to the total count
- Regexp operators has been added to the registry for string-based fields
- Queries using Djago proxy models will now be properly respected due to a change in modeltree 1.1.8