Livestreamer is CLI program that extracts streams from various services and pipes them into a video player of choice.
- Documentation: http://livestreamer.tanuki.se/
- Discussions: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/livestreamer
- IRC: #livestreamer @ Freenode
- GitHub: https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer
- PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/livestreamer
- Free software: Simplified BSD license
Livestreamer is built upon a plugin system which allows support for new services to be easily added.
The latest stable version is available to install using pip:
$ pip install livestreamer
or installing from a source directory:
$ python setup.py install
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Python has guides helping you install Python + pip on the most common operating systems.
The default behaviour of Livestreamer is to transport a stream to your player software (default is VLC).
$ livestreamer twitch.tv/day9tv best [cli][info] Found matching plugin twitch for URL twitch.tv/day9tv [cli][info] Opening stream: source [cli][info] Starting player: vlc
For more in-depth usage and install instructions see the full documentation available at http://livestreamer.tanuki.se/.
Feel free to add any Livestreamer related things to the wiki.
If you wish to report a bug or contribute code, please take a look at CONTRIBUTING.rst first.