Nameserver update for INWX (nsupdate)
In order to run you need to have curl and awk installed, as well as drill or nslookup.
Simply download the
master.zip and extract it, e.g., using
7z x master.zip.
Place your config files in the
nsupdate.d folder. A
sample.config.dist is provided. At least one config file needs to exist, ending with `.config.
- Changed the way how the existence of config files is checked
- Updated the sample config file to reflect new options from the last updates
- The script is reported to work in csh and sh too
- Fixed the check for config files. Can now handle more than one file
- Changed warning for missing config files
- Added checks for needed commands
- Added checks for existing config file
- Added requirements to README.md
- Added support for IPv6
- Added support for config files
- Changed default IP check site to ip.dblx.io
- Added a switch to use drill instead of nslookup because FreeBSD 10 switched from bind to unbound
- Renamed $HOSTNAME to $DOMAIN to work around potential conflicts with $HOSTNAME that's set by the host itself
- Config files are sourced relative to the script folder now
- First commit
nsupdate is distributed under the MIT license, which is similar in effect to the BSD license.
Copyright 2013 Christian Busch (http://github.com/chrisb86)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.