swap fg/bg colours #3

Closed
teschmitz opened this Issue Mar 18, 2012 · 7 comments

Projects

None yet

2 participants

@teschmitz

What do you think of an option for swapping foreground and background colour?

It might make sense for a CSS file to visualize colours which are intended as foreground colours.

@chrisbra
Owner

Hi teschmitz!

On Sa, 17 Mär 2012, teschmitz wrote:

What do you think of an option for swapping foreground and background colour?

It might make sense for a CSS file to visualize colours which are intended as foreground colours.

What you rather an option or a command?

regards,
Christian

@teschmitz

Hallo Christian,
I think a command would be preferable so one can easily toggle between the highlight being foreground or background colour.

Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth

@chrisbra chrisbra added a commit that referenced this issue Mar 19, 2012
@chrisbra New Command SwitchFGBG #3 03c327c
@chrisbra chrisbra added a commit that referenced this issue Mar 19, 2012
@chrisbra Switch fg/bg colors #3 7e28c09
@chrisbra
Owner

Hi teschmitz!

On So, 18 Mär 2012, teschmitz wrote:

Hallo Christian,
I think a command would be preferable so one can easily toggle between the highlight being foreground or background colour.

Hello Tarlika,
please try current head. It provides the :ColorSwapFgBg command.

regards,

Christian

Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte:
Peer Sonal

@teschmitz

This is way cool!

I noticed when you swap and the highlight colour becomes the fg colour, the background is set to the colour scheme's bg rather than just swapping fg/bg.

I had originally envisaged this feature as follows:

example "red"
default setting -> white text against red colour block
swap -> red text against white box

The question is what makes more sense? Obviously, we can't visualize fg/bg combinations.
Does it make sense to display the highlight colour against the vim colour scheme bg?

There are many ways to skin a cat! Either way, it's a great tool!

Regards,
Tarlika

@chrisbra
Owner

On Tue, March 20, 2012 21:57, teschmitz wrote:

This is way cool!

I noticed when you swap and the highlight colour becomes the fg colour,
the background is set to the colour scheme's bg rather than just swapping
fg/bg.

I had originally envisaged this feature as follows:

example "red"
default setting -> white text against red colour block
swap -> red text against white box

Yes, that was how I first implemented it. But I found the white
bg color too disturbing and so I changed it to simply use the foreground
color and not mess with the background.

The question is what makes more sense? Obviously, we can't visualize fg/bg
combinations.
Does it make sense to display the highlight colour against the vim colour
scheme bg?

I think so. Well I could introduce yet another variable, that controls
this behaviour. Do we want this?

There are many ways to skin a cat! Either way, it's a great tool!

regards,
Christian

@teschmitz

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:54:47 -0700
chrisbra
reply@reply.github.com
wrote:

I think so. Well I could introduce yet another variable, that controls
this behaviour. Do we want this?

For example, I have one CSS file in which I mainly define a whole lot
of foreground colours, which are used against a light background. In
Vim I use a dark background theme and therefore I can't really judge
the suitability of the CSS foreground colour against the Vim background.

So yes, another variable would make sense.

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz, Scotland

@chrisbra
Owner

Ok, try current head.

@chrisbra chrisbra closed this Apr 28, 2012
Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment