WebDen.dev is an open source mobile and tablet friendly alternative to JSFiddle and JSBin. It is a fully client-side app so you can install it as a progressive web app (PWA) on your device to use offline.
- HTML, CSS & JS editors
- Preview panel
- Designed first for mobile and tablet use
- Import and export projects
- Save code as HTML
- Light & dark themes
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Offline support
The landscape of online editors aren't currently optimized for mobile or tablet. The iOS apps in this space have improved but were limited when this project originally started.
Go to Share Menu > Add to Home Screen
Go to Settings > Add to Home Screen
Add any scripts to the HTML tab as you would in a HTML file.
Sign up to get updates on new features and releases.
- Save as Github Gist
- Pushing / Pulling from Github
- Updated console features
- Updated editor theme features
- The program is distributed under the terms of the Simplified BSD License. The license details can be found in the file
- The ACE editor is BSD licensed.
- Fork and clone the repo
- Run any local web server in the root directory
$ git clone email@example.com:chrisdiana/webden.git
$ cd webden/
$ python3 -m http.server 8080
- Navigate to the local webserver and pass the
debug=1param to bypass service workers