Who's turn is it to make a brew? Let BrewBot decide.
BrewBot integrates quickly and easily with Slack, deciding randomly who'll be making the next round of tea or coffee for your team.
Creating the WebHook process
- Choose somewhere to run your BrewBot process, Heroku is quick and easy to get setup.
- Clone the repository
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:swirlycheetah/slack-brewbow.git
- Run the node process with a list of people you'd like to include in BrewBot's decision, e.g.
bin/slack-brewbot Sterling 'Cheryl Tunt' Lana 'Malory'
- You can specify a port number with
--portfollowed by the port you'd like to use, e.g.
bin/slack-brewbot -p 8081 Cyril Pam Krieger(if no port argument is supplied port 8080 will be used by default).
- Your process is now ready to be called from within your Slack instance.
- Create a new Outgoing WebHook integration.
- Choose which channel you want to enable BrewBot in.
- Decide upon a trigger word or words, something such as '!brewbot' or 'brewbot decide'.
- Add the URL the node process is running on.
- Add the Outgoing WebHook integration, head to the channel(s) you enabled BrewBot in and give it a spin.
Released under the MIT license: opensource.org/licenses/MIT